Pokemon X and Y; More Mega Evolution Information
This is coming from that recent event I forgot to post about. It’s pretty interesting info too, especially considering how useful it seems to make Mega Evos for battling. Here it is:
Mega Evolutions are activated by touching an icon on the bottom screen in battle, and happen before you get to attack. So in one turn, you can both make a Pokemon Mega evolve and also attack the opponent.
One Mega Pokemon allowed per team, I think.
Other information revealed thanks to the demo is the following:
- Running is now the default, with walking possible by holding the B button. Why not just use the Circle Pad or something?
- Some of Sylveon’s moves include Tail Whip, Fairy Wind, Quick Attack and Swift, with its ability being Cute Charm.
- Froakie has the moves Water Pulse, Round, Quick Attack and Lick (presumably among others in the final game).
- Fennekin has the moves Psybeam, Fire Spin, Tail Whip and Flame Charge, hinting at its evolved form being part Psychic type.
- Helioptile has the moves Thundershock, Quick Attack, Parabolic Charge and Tail Whip.
- Professor Sycamore is battled, with a Chandelure, Crobat and Dragonite on his team. The demo also gives you a Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo stone to use with it, although I assume that’s not going to be in the final game.
- Pokémon-Amie has the options of Play, Hunger and Friendliness, and a new food item called a Pofure can be fed to Pokemon there.
Here are some pictures someone online took showing some of this stuff:
The title screens for Pokemon X and Y, as well as the special demo.
The Mega Evolve button, which looks a lot like a Smash Ball from the Super Smash Bros series.
And Professor Sycamore losing a battle against the player. Yes, there are win/loss animations for both the player and opponent trainers now.
You can find more of these pictures at this guy’s image gallery:
Well, there’s some neat new information about Pokemon X and Y for everyone. Will you be using Mega Evolutions in battle now you know how they work? And what do you think of things like the Pokemon movesets and title screens?